ENVIRONMENTAL SIMULATION SYSTEMS DOWN TO –70 °C WITHOUT COMPROMISE
As refrigerant regulation for fluorinated greenhouse gases significantly tightened, and the next EU refrigerant regulation / F-gas Regulation 517/2014 will come into effect on 1st January 2020, German company Weiss Technik in collaboration with Dresden University of Technology researched alternatives to R23 refrigerant for use in for environmental simulation systems. After several years of research, Weiss Technik is proud to present its completely newly developed WT69 refrigerant in a ClimeEvent climatic test chamber. The Weiss simulation systems including the ClimeEvent are locally available from Labotec.
The newly released WT69, the pioneering result of the refrigerant research, has a GWP (Global Warming Potential) reduced by 90% to 1357. This is the ideal solution for use in environmental simulation systems reaching temperatures as low as -70°C with no compromise in terms of performance, use and cost-effectiveness. The W69 refrigerant reliably delivers comparable test results and is non-flammable, non-toxic and non-corrosive.
A new standard refrigerant for ClimeEvent test chambers
By the end of the year, the new future-proof WT69 refrigerant will be used in all compact ClimeEvent standard climatic test chambers with a cooling rate of between 3 and 5 Kelvin. From 2020, special models such as vibration chambers and larger climatic test chambers with temperature-changing rates of up to 20 Kelvin will also change over to this new refrigerant. With this development, Weiss Technik is yet again setting new standards for the use of environmentally friendly refrigerants.
Fact sheet for WT69 – the future-proof substitute for R23
- Without compromise to –70 °C
- WT69 works down to –70 °C. All existing test profiles can be used and the
results are similar.
- Compliant with the F-gas Regulation
WT69 has an extremely low GWP of only 1,357. Compared to R23, the CO2
equivalent was reduced by more than 90 % (14,800 to 1,357).
- Fulfils all requirements for refrigerants
– Pressure in system controllable, pressure levels as before
– Non-flammable: A1/A1 proven by ASHRAE
– Non-toxic: material safety data sheet officially released
– No ODP: formula without ozone-depleting substances
– Non-corrosive: 100,000 hour tests without corrosion
– Components and lubricators: suitability proven
– Chemically stable: ASHRAE and BAM tests passed
- Composed of commercially available gases
WT69 is a regular synthetic refrigerant. Standard refrigerant components are sufficient – no additional safety assessments, separate cooling or increased refrigerant amounts necessary.
- Independently produced and affordable