The Thermo Scientific™ Locator™ Plus Rack and Box Systems are making cell sample retrieval simple and easy. Economically, one can store up to 6,000 samples using a unique hanging rack and gridded box design with advanced vacuum insulation, while consuming minimum liquid nitrogen. This indexed system is available with or without an ultrasonic level monitor, and is suited for both computerised and manual inventory record-keeping methods.
The system includes stainless-steel racks that fit into the vessel. Each rack has individual storage compartments for one Cryogenic Storage box. Some of the features include:
- Outstanding temperature uniformity: samples are stored below -180%C, even when less than 2” (5cm) of liquid nitro gen remains in the vessel
- Ultrasonic Level Monitor safeguards irreplaceable samples with minimal liquid nitrogen evaporation and conduction
- Advanced vacuum insulation minimizes liquid nitrogen evaporation and reduces operating costs
- Optional monitor provides continuous LED readout of liquid nitrogen level; activates visual and audible alarms when level falls below safe range of approximately 1” (2.5cm)
- Optional alarm also alerts operator in the event of excessive liquid nitrogen loss
- Secure locking hasp prevents unauthorized entry