With brightly illuminated work surfaces, cool and contoured arm rests and new features, the Thermo Scientific HistoStar embedding workstation delivers significant improvements in ergonomics and efficiency. The new and improved instrument now give optimum reliability and includes adjustable temperature on the cold plate, a new literature tray and increased insulation on the mould storage area.
LED lighting uniformly illuminates the workspace without the clutter of awkward remote lamps. A properly illuminated workspace reduces fatigue and minimizes errors.
- Lighting intensity is easily user adjustable
- Five levels of illumination for both specimen and accessory areas
Cool and Contoured
All user contact points are smooth and insulated providing a cool and comfortable workspace. Pressure points and uncomfortable heat are eliminated.
High Capacity for High Efficiency
The capacity of the HistoStar™embedding workstation can keep up with even the busiest laboratories.
- 5 liter paraffin capacity
- Cold plate area for 72 base molds
- Large heated workspace and specimen holding area
Any Sample Size Handled with Ease
The HistoStar embedding workstation offers the first adjustable paraffin dispense paddle. A simple adjustment moves the paddle to the most ergonomic position for the user. Even Super Mega Cassettes can be embedded with ease.
Integrated ParaTrimmer® with improved profile
The HistoStar embedding workstation is the only workstation with a heated wax trimmer built directly into the workspace.
- Removes excess paraffin at the embedding station
- No need for additional equipment
- No more wax scraping at the microtome
Intuitive User Interface
Large, easy-to-read touch screen display allows quick access to the temperature controls and other parameters. Programmable “sleep” mode saves energy around your workflow.
The robust HistoStar embedding workstation design minimizes moving parts, reducing wear and service requirements ensuring dependable performance for years to come.
- Embedding module (W, D, H) 25.6 x 23.6 x 16.1 in, 650 x 600 x 410 mm
- Cold module (W, D, H) 17 x 23.6 x 16.1 in, x 430 x 600 x 410 mm
- Weight Embedding module 55.12 lbs, 25 kg
- Cold plate 44.10 lbs, 20 kg
- Capacity, Wax Reservoir 1.32 gallon, 5 litres
- Temperatures Wax reservoir 122 -158ºF, 50 -70°C
- Cold spot 41ºF, 5°C
- Cold plate -12°C to -3°C
- Hot spot 122 -158ºF, 50 -70°C
- Tissue storage 122 -158ºF, 50 -70°C
- Mold storage 122 -158ºF, 50 -70°C
For more details please visit the Thermo Scientific Website
Download the HistoStar Embedding Workstation Product Brochure