Store samples confidently in Thermo Scientific™ Forma 8600 Series −86°C Ultra-Low Temperature Chest Freezers. Available in four sizes to accommodate a variety of needs, and delivers all the sample protection features of our Forma 900 and Forma 700 upright series.
Features and benefits include:
- Centralized information center, including microprocessor control and monitoring system, ensures all controls and displays are easy to reach and read—knee level on the 3 cu. ft. models.
- Freezer improves temperature control and increases reserve BTUH capacity, resulting in a more stable temperature sample.
- Polystyrene interior sub-lids reduce cold air loss and improve temperature recovery after door openings.
- Easy-to-remove, washable filter provides protection from dust on the condenser that causes reduced refrigeration performance and increased risk to samples.
- Easy-to-use ergonomic door handle offers single-hand operation.
- 5″ (127mm) foamed-in-place, polyurethane insulation reduces power consumption and maintains temperature setpoint.
- Triple-point door gasket provides longer holding time in the event of a door opening.
- Rugged, heavy gauge, cold-rolled steel cabinets are finished with powder-coat paint for a uniform exterior that resists chipping and rust.
- 1″ (25mm) access ports allow for the use of inexpedient probes or instrumentation.