Misplaced blocks/Slides – a thing of the past
- The Arcos management system aids in maintaining a proper chain of custody by retaining a complete record of all blocks in storage that can be easily accessed and searched at any time
- Track and control the movement of every block/side – who checked it out, why it was needed and when it’s due back
- The Arcos system alerts you immediately when a block/slide is out of the system longer than anticipated
- The Arcos system helps avoid errors endemic to the hand-sorting process
- After check-out, blocks can be returned to any tray. When scanned, the database is automatically updated.
- Redundant protection: your database is automatically updated on Flash storage within the Arcos scanner. The unit can be configured to automatically
- Archive your database to your choice of secure storage – hard drive, external network- or cloud-based.
- Control individual user database access and modification permissions.
- Find tissue blocks quickly and easily. Select the block needed and the Arcos system will tell you where the tray is located in your archive and the exact position of the block within the tray.
- Time to return the block/slide to storage? Simply place it in the next tray to be scanned, the Arcos system will automatically update your database to reflect its new position
Big savings (time and man-power)
- The Arcos system has been shown to save of manhours in busy laboratories – freeing up staff to focus on revenue-generating tasks
For more details visit the Epredia Website