Integra is working towards reducing the environmental footprint of laboratories by finding ways to reduce the amount of waste produced, even when disposable plastic is inevitable. To achieve this goal, they have developed a range of greener, eco-friendly liquid handling packaging options that will reduce the number of pipette racks, reagent reservoirs, and tips that land up in the bin pile. In addition, Integra has used 60% less plastic in the manufacturing process of their ECO Racks.
Eco-friendly Tip Solution
Integra has designed their pipettes and GripTips in combination, resulting in a perfectly matched pipetting system. The system excels in terms of ergonomics by making it easier and faster to insert the tips, which will not fall off. This results in no wastage of pipette tips that might fall off during pipetting.
Eco Rack Saves Plastic
The Integra ECO Racks significantly reduce the amount of plastic used in the laboratory. They are easily stackable and can be compressed to reduce recycling bin space requirements. ECO Racks also contain 60 % less plastic than alternative racks.
- The innovative rack design can be used with all single and multichannel INTEGRA handheld pipettes.
- For the sturdiest and most convenient GripTip pipetting experience, ECO Racks can be paired with Integra’s one-of-a-kind, reusable PopTop Base.
- For an even greener option, the PopTop Base is compatible with Integra’s GREEN CHOICE refill inserts.
- This is also available as LOW RETENTION GripTips for improved results when pipetting certain liquids.
- Also available in 300 µl LONG, 1250 µl SHORT and WIDE BORE ECO Rack GripTips.
Watch this video to see how it all works together
For more simple and easy tips on becoming greener in your lab, you can read this article. Click here